“I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you HOPE for.” -Jeremiah 29:11 (MSG)
We are a friendly and caring group of people who want to learn and grow together and want to welcome, care for and serve others both within our church and in the community.
Why we are here
First Presbyterian decided years ago to stay in the downtown location for several reasons but most of all to be a light of hope to Shelbyville.
We have our doors open to:
- help people in need
- share our gifts of hope in Jesus Christ
- be an encouragement for the future
What we offer:
- Family friendly worship service
- Sunday school
- Several opportunities for small groups
- We have an excellent music program with a choir
- We provide a safe place for youth to gather on Wednesday evening